- Minimum age 15 years (12 - 14 years for Junior Rescue Diver)
- Medical certification for scuba diving or medical declaration signed by participant in place
- For minors a confirmation signature of a parent or tutor is needed upon registration
- PADI EFR license or other equivalent CPR training within the last 2 years
- PADI AOWD or equivalent diving license
- a minimum of 20 logged dives
Content of course
The course consists of theory and practise in avoiding risks, recognising problems on yourself and others, rescue of divers and professional actions after diving accidents.
A total of 5 open water modules (not dives) have to be passed. During the dives we will make you guide groups, take responsibility for other divers, do briefings and debriefings. You will learn how to rescue an unconscious diver to the surface, transport on the surface, salvage into a boat, salvage over a beach and further actions.
As advanced diver being able to assess any situation, to lead groups safely and to take appropriate actions in case of problems or dangers. This course will help you gain more self-assurance in any situation under water and will make you a better and safer diver.
The theory for your PADI Rescue Diver course you will study with the PADI Rescue Diver e-learning app. With PADI Rescue Diver e-learning you may start your theory right now at home on your tablet, notebook or PC. All presentations, videos, manual, quizzes and the final exam are included in the Rescue Diver e-learning App.
Watch, listen, read, scroll, tap and interact while you advance your diving knowledge with PADI Rescue Diver e-learningTM. It’s fun, it’s easy and it’s portable. The e-learning integrates the PADI Rescue Diver Manual with the PADI Rescue Diver Video into a powerful, tablet-based learning experience. When you dive in with the e-learning, you’ll learn:
- Self Rescue techniques
- Recognize and manage stress in other divers
- Emergency Management and Equipment
- Rescuing panicked/ unresponsive divers
- Take simple quizzes to make sure you understand the material as you progress.
After you download the e-learning, you don’t need to be online to use it so you can truly learn anytime, anywhere.
- For Use On: Tablets, mobile devices and computer desktop
- Compatibility: Apple iOS- and Android-based devices. Runs in a web browser on PC/Mac in IE or Chrome
- Internet: Necessary only for download to the PADI Library App, to submit Knowledge reviews, quizzes and exams and log training dives on ScubaEarth
- Languages available: English only. (Further languages to follow)
- Components: Rescue Diver e-learning (including videos, knowledge reviews, quizzes and exams) Digital version of PADI Rescue Diver Manual, eTraining Dive Log
After finishing the theory at home you will only need to attend the practical part of the course during your vacation here in Tenerife and you may enter directly into the sea with your instructor upon arrival.
The practical part includes:
- 5 open water training sessions
- transport to and from the dive site
- cylinder and weights
Duration of the course
Minimum 5 days. You may begin your PADI RESCUE training any day.
Price of the course
The PADI RESCUE DIVER e-learning app costs 170 € when booking the complete course here with us.
You may purchase this product also directly on the official PADI Shop pages for 228 € .
The PADI license fee of 60 € for your PADI RESCUE DIVER e-card is already included in the price for the e-learning app.
The price for the practical part of this course is 250 €
Cylinder and weights are included in the continued education courses. Any additional equipment that you do not have of your own, must be rented in place. You may find a complete list of all coned courses and our rental fees here.