DO I NEED A SPECIAL INSURANCE FOR SCUBA DIVING ?
YES! INSURANCE IS BY LAW OBLIGATORY IN SPAIN !
Your normal social security and health insurance does not cover treatments in hyperbaric chambers if nessesary. (Read the fineprint in your insurance papers)
This risk can be easily covered by a worldwide divers insurance.
DOES THE DIVE CENTRE INSURE ITS CLIENTS?
It's your insurance, so you must be covered yourself. All activities at the dive centre are allways at own risk.
DOES A BEGINER WHO ATTENDS A "Discover Scuba Diving" NEED TO GET INSURANCE?
YES, but... !
...but the Dive Centre ATLANTIK provides this insurance allready with the DSD Program. It's included in the price of the program.
WHERE DO I GET INSURANCE?
There are sevaral ways to get insurance cover for scuba programs :
- If you are organised in a dive club, you may already have it, ask in your club and bring us a written certificate.
- Asks your insurance agent or broker. Many companies offer special packages for extreme sports like diving or paragliding.
- Join DAN, Divers Alert Network you may join online and get worldwide coverage.
- Get insurance here at the dive Centre. We sell divers insurance from AXA / Winterthur
- Insurance for one day 6,00 € (max. depth 40m)
- Insurance for one month 25,00 € (max. depth 40m)
- Insurance for one year 45,00 € (max. depth 40m)
- Insurance for one year 70,00 € (max. depth 60m)
- Death by accident - 8.000 €
- Permanent or partial invalidity - maximum 8.000 €
- Hospital in cooperation with Axa Winterthur - unlimited
- Hospital free selection by insured person - 12.000 €
- Civil responsability in sports activity - 150.253 €
- Transport and treatment in hyperbaric chamber - included
- Necessary protethis - included